Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I survived!

Well that wasn't so bad! Yesterday was my very first day on my own with 2 kids and no help. Tatum sleeps all the time, and only gets upset when she's hungry so I was able to focus most of my attention on Spencer. We only had one melt down that resulted in a time out & massive screaming (on Spencer's part, not mine). :)

We also went to Tatum's 2 week check up appointment. I know they say they want your baby to get back up to birth weight at 2 weeks, but my Tatum did that & then some. She was 9.4 at birth and yesterday she was 10.5! And she'd grown an inch! This is going by far too fast! And I feel like I'm missing out on it a little since she doesn't demand too much from me and I'm not sitting on the couch staring at her noticing every little change like I did when Spencer was born. :(

By the end of the day I was exhausted! But mostly because Tatum & Spencer didn't nap at the same time during the day and therefore I didn't get a nap. Not to mention my grunter of a baby is pretty loud all night and I don't get adequate sleep at night either. I'm working on it though. At least I don't feel like a total zombie like I did with Spencer. 2 is not so bad. In fact, I'm already thinking of adding another one... but not until Tatum is through the terrible two's phase!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear you made it through your day ok! It is weird how two kids can almost be considered easy....almost! ;)