Thursday, July 10, 2008

Average Baby!

So yesterday we went into the doctor for Tatum's 2 month check up and vaccinations. After being weighed and measured I asked the nurse how she measured up compared to other babies her age. She said she'd chart it and let the doctor tell me. A few minutes later the doctor comes in and I ask if she's big for her age. He says, "actually, she's about 50th percentile." I look down at the chart amazed because I was sure she was pretty big. Then I look up with a smile and say, "too bad she's only 2 months old & not 4!" They had
charted her at 4 months. So I guess it's safe to say my baby is average for a baby twice her age. :) Ridiculous. He moved the charting over and turns out she's off the weight & height charts for her age.

We found out the "heat rash" we thought she had is actually seborrhea. So we've gotta put hydrocordizone cream all over her face twice daily for 10 days. Very sad. Apparently it's a skin condition similar to eczema but doesn't respond to moisturizing. It looks like a red bumpy rash but the tell-tale sign is how rough it feels to touch. Hopefully this will work out and she'll have her super soft baby face again.

1 comment:

Caldwell Chatter said...

Carrie, you & Tony just know how to make cute, wonderful sized babies. Keep up the good work! = )