Sunday, October 15, 2006

Has your baby every been sick? I mean, REALLY sick? For those that answered yes, it's a weird experience. Growing up, I had terrible asthma. I was sick, a LOT. I never knew how my mom felt every night when she'd sleep with me in my bed for fear I would stop breathing in the middle of the night. I think I may have taken her for granted. Who, other than your mother would sleep in your little twin bed with you when you're horribly sick? Now I understand.

Last night we had a bit of a scare. Spencer's been sick for a couple of weeks, but it's mostly been a snotty nose and a cough. But last night he spike a fever of 103.7. We gave him a bath to try and cool him down after giving him a dose of tylenol. Besides, if nothing else, he LOVES his baths. So after a little while he started to cough as if he was going to throw up. Sure enough, he vomitted, and kept on vomitting. He was so scared. It was so hard to watch. We took him to the ER.

After the MOST horrifying x-ray possible... (they set the baby upright with his legs straddling a seat, raise him arms up and lock him in with a plastic tube wrapped around his body. I'd never seen him actually really scared. It was so hard to watch)... Turns out he has pneumonia. Too bad the doctor didn't try and diagnose it when we went in to the doctor early last week.

Anyway, my baby is still asleep and all I can do is pray he is healed. Not to mention the fact that today is his birthday party. What a bummer, huh?

1 comment:

MOMSWEB said...

Although an old post, it reminds me of the depth of a mother's love...only a God can create such a bond between a mother and child.