Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary...


So Thursday Tony & I celebrated 4 years of marital bliss. It's funny to think back to when we got married. At the time, we had only dated for 10 months, and it was my longest running relationship. It's odd how when you find the person you're meant to be with, 4 years flies by compared to the 3 month relationships I had with all the wrong guys. One of only a handful of pictures we took during our pre-engagement 5 month dating period.This was the weekend we got engaged when we went down for my friends' wedding in GP. I knew at some point he wanted to ask my parents for my hand in marriage. He did so while I was out doing some prewedding video for my friends. When I got back I had asked him how it went while we were loading our laptops into the car to head to Dutch Bros to check our email. He simply responded, "you don't want to know." I was so upset. I was sure my mom had ruined it for me by saying no or something. But before I could say anything he was down on one knee proposing in my parents' driveway. It was so dark out I couldn't even see the ring. I responded with a giddy, "yeah!" and we headed back inside so we could share the news with my parents. This was during our post dating, now into engagement photos, which strangely enough, are few in count as well.This was right after our first kiss as husband & wife. I let out a big giggle.I don't have any photos from our 1st anniversary because I was about 7 months pregnant. We spent our anniversary over at the coast just as we did our honeymoon. At 2 years we had ourselves a one year old little boy, Spencer.
By three years we had been trying to add another baby to our family. And now at 4 years, we've added Baby Tatum. We are so very happy and I am so very grateful for all that God has blessed me with.
There have been happy times & sad times, braces & babies... But I would not change a thing. Everything we have experienced together has helped us grow as a family & and has brought Tony & I closer together. I love my Tony with everything I have and I can't wait to see what God has in store for our future.

2 comments:

Jaime Joynt said...

Good morning, Carrie!! Congratulations on your anniversary, again. ;) How is it possible that I have never heard your engagement story before? So strange! Hope you have a fabulous Monday!

Caldwell Chatter said...

Congrats you two what a great story. = )