Sunday, April 05, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake

I have a theory, turns out it's pretty well spread. I believe that whatever you crave and eat the most of during your pregnancy, that your child ends up loving that food the most!

When I was pregnant with Spencer, from the very first moment I craved corn on the cob. Sadly for me it wasn't in season until I was 5 months pregnant. The moment it came into the grocery stores I remember sobbing almost uncontrollably from happiness. Lo and behold, (when Spencer finally started eating "real" food) he LOVED corn on the cob. Still does.

When I was pregnant with Tatum, I would literally go through a Costco size flat of strawberries a week. She is my little Strawberry Shortcake. When I finally let her try strawberries, she was absolutely sold. She freaks out a little when she sees them because she wants one immediately. We also have these dried strawberries and bananas that come in a huge box at Costco that she likes when the real thing isn't available. I gave her a bag full the other day and there was a bunch of strawberry powder at the bottom that I never thought she'd even get to, but somehow she got to it, AND got it all over herself.

No comments: